Dollar General Coupon Policy
At Dollar General, we are pleased to accept both Manufacturers’ Coupons and Dollar General Store Coupons at any of our retail store locations. These coupons can be original paper coupons, valid print-at-home coupons, and/or Dollar General Digital Coupons (found at www.DollarGeneral.com/coupons
or on the Dollar General App).
As of April 2018, Dollar General has revised our Coupon Policy. The updated Coupon Policy can be found below.
Dollar General WILL ACCEPT coupons that meet the requirements below:
• Must be original. Photocopies are not accepted.
• Must have a scannable barcode or a valid Dollar General promotion code that can be scanned by a DG store associate
• Must have a visible and a valid expiration date
• Can be redeemed only for items sold at Dollar General, and can be redeemed only for the exact same item (package weight, size, etc.) unless otherwise specified
• Limit of 5 identical coupons per household per day, if no limit specified on coupon
• Coupons for free items are only accepted if a purchase is required to get one free. A Dollar General Coupon offer will always have a purchase requirement with free item offers.
• A maximum of two coupons will be allowed per item. To do this, one coupon must be a Manufacturer Coupon and the second coupon must be a Dollar General Coupon. This is allowable as long as neither coupon states that it is not valid with other coupons.
• Printed on valid Dollar General receipt tape paper
• Only one Manufacturer Coupon and one Dollar General Coupon can be used per item in a transaction. Stacking of 2 or more Manufacturer Coupons per item is not allowed.
• The stacking of 2 or more Dollar General Coupons in a transaction is allowed unless otherwise noted on the coupon or associated promotional art.
• Unless labeled a DG Store Coupon in the Digital Coupon Gallery, DG Digital Coupons are Manufacturer Coupons. Manufacturer DG Digital Coupons cannot be combined with any other type of Manufacturer coupon on the same item in a single transaction.
• If there is a conflict between a DG Digital Coupon and a Paper Coupon for the same item, the first one applied will be counted toward the transaction and the other will not, regardless of value.
• If a coupon value is more than the price of the item, the remaining value will be applied to the balance of the transaction.
• Coupon overages can only be applied to the balance and will not be given back at the end of the transaction.
• Coupon overages will only be applied to the store merchandise remaining in the transaction and cannot be applied to gift cards, pre-paid money cards, phone cards, alcohol, or tobacco. Other restrictions may apply.
Cash back will not be given.
Dollar General will NOT accept coupons that are as follows:
• From other retailers
• Pictures of any kind
• Internet coupons without a scannable barcode, a Dollar General promotion code, or a visible and valid expiration date.
For "free" items that do not contain a purchase requirement (i.e., buy one get one free is acceptable)
• Manufacturer coupons that do not have a "remit to:" address on the coupon.
• All coupon offers available only while quantities last.
• Dollar General does not match competitor Ad prices.
• Dollar General does not double or multiply the value of coupons.
• Transactions cannot be broken up to avoid coupon stacking restrictions.
• Only one Dollar General Digital Coupon Account per person.
In all situations, Dollar General reserves the right to:
- Limit purchase quantities to typical retail purchase quantities and to exclude resellers/dealers.
- Not accept coupons over a certain dollar amount, as well as above a certain threshold as it relates to the total transaction.
- Remove any coupon or offer for any reason, including both manufacturer coupons and store discounts.
Thank you for your business and for shopping Dollar General!