Dollar General Coupon Policy
At Dollar General, we are pleased to accept Manufacturers Coupons and Dollar General Store Coupons at any of our locations.
Where to find coupons?
Coupons valid at Dollar General can be found in a variety of sources, including, but not limited to:
• Direct mail
• Product packaging
• In-store coupon boxes
• Transaction receipts
• Print-at-home (internet)
• DG Digital Coupons, found on DollarGeneral.com or on the Dollar General App
• Dollar General desktop or mobile website
Customers should remove any available on-package coupons and present them at checkout.
Dollar General does allow the stacking of a single Manufacturer Coupon and a single Dollar General Coupon per single item in a transaction. Stacking of 2 or more Manufacturer Coupons per item is not allowed.
The stacking of 2 or more Dollar General Coupons in a transaction is allowed unless otherwise noted on the coupon or associated promotional art.
Dollar General does not double or multiply the value of coupons.
Transactions cannot be broken up to avoid coupon stacking restrictions.
If a coupon value is more than the price of the item, the remaining value will be applied to the balance of the transaction. Coupon overages can only be applied to the balance and will not be given back at the end of the transaction. Coupon overages will only be applied to the store merchandise remaining in the transaction and cannot be applied to gift cards, pre-paid money cards, or phone cards. Other restrictions may apply.
Cash back will not be given.
DG Digital Coupons
The DG Digital Coupon program utilizes paperless, digital coupons. Available coupons are featured on the DG Digital Coupons page on DollarGeneral.com, or on the DG mobile app. Digital Coupon account holders must +ADD the coupons they intend to use, which are then loaded directly into their account and redeemed at checkout by typing their phone number into the pin pad.
To set up an account visit www.DollarGeneral.com/Coupons. Only one DG Digital Coupons account per person is allowed.
Unless labeled a DG Store Coupon in the Digital Coupon Gallery, DG Digital Coupons are Manufacturer Coupons. Manufacturer DG Digital Coupons cannot be combined with any other type of Manufacturer coupon on the same item in a single transaction.
If there is a conflict between a DG Digital Coupon and a Print Coupon for the same item, the first one applied will be counted toward the transaction and the other will not, regardless of value.
Mobile Coupons/Text Message Coupons
Occasionally, Dollar General will offer specific Mobile and Text Message Coupons. These coupons are Dollar General Coupons and must have a valid Dollar General bar code in addition to a visible and valid expiration date. Unless otherwise specified, these coupons can be combined with a single Manufacturer Coupon for the same item in a single transaction.
Mobile and Text Message coupons from sources other than Dollar General will not be accepted.
Screenshots and pictures of paper or receipt coupons on cell phones or other electronics will also not be accepted.
Dollar General WILL accept coupons that meet the requirement below:
• Must be original. Photocopies, screenshots, or pictures of any kind are not accepted.
• Must have a scan-able barcode that can be scanned by a DG cashier.
• Must have a visible and a valid expiration date
• Can be redeemed only for items sold at Dollar General, and can be redeemed only for the exact same item (package weight, size, etc.) unless otherwise specified
• A maximum of two coupons will be allowed per item. This is allowable as long as neither coupon states that it is not valid with other coupons
Dollar General will NOT accept coupons that are as follows:
• From other retailers
• Pictures of any kind
• Internet coupons without a scan-able barcode or a visible and valid expiration date.
• Manufacturer coupons that do not have a "remit to:" address on the coupon
• Coupon codes read aloud to cashier (vs. scanning)
Dollar General does not match competitor Ad prices.