Dollar General is currently looking to fill both hourly
and salaried Warehouse positions in our new
Bessemer, Alabama location. Follow the instructions
below to submit an application via email.
|Download the PDF Application by clicking here .|
|Fill out the application on your computer,|
and save it somewhere you will remember later (like your desktop).
|Email your completed application as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.|
Looking for salaried postions? Click here
Don't have an email address? Use the links below to access free email options.
Responsible for the expedient and accurate handling of merchandise into and/or out of the warehouse facility. General warehouse duties occur within the assigned area of warehouse operations, but position supports all areas of the warehouse as needed.
• Moves incoming or outgoing merchandise throughout the distribution center by hand, hand truck, or forklift equipment.
• Checks, verifies and audits merchandise to ensure that ordered merchandise has been received and that merchandise is as ordered and not damaged or defective; enters data into remote data terminal.
• Identifies, separates, labels, and palletizes merchandise onto flats.
• Replenishes pick areas as identified by replenishment reports and various requests for merchandise.
• Fills merchandise orders from stores by selecting and moving merchandise from pick slot to conveyor.
• Loads outgoing merchandise from conveyor and/or four-wheel truck into trailer.
• Reports damages and/or vendor compliance issues to supervisor.
• Partners with supervisor to resolve problems or discrepancies.
• Meets safety, productivity and quality standards.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Experience working in an automated distribution center preferred
• Experience with warehouse management systems applications preferred
• Continuous lifting of merchandise up to 65 pounds on a regular basis, and occasional team lifting of merchandise up to 85lbs
• Continuous walking, including long distances and up and down stairs
• May work at heights up to 30 feet above ground
• Standing, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, reaching, and pushing and pulling using hands and/or arms on a repetitive basis above and below the shoulder level
• May work continuously up to 12 hours
• Exposure to extreme heat and cold conditions as well as dust and noise